Yay for KCWC! I'm so excited to get started! I've finished the laundry for the week,we had family in from out of state so the house looking pretty, pretty good and my mom lovingly replenished my diet pepsi supply. Conditions are perfect for me to spend the week in my sewing room! Last fall's challenge was a very productive week, I hope this week will be just as great. I have a loose plan of what I would like to make this week. It's a little ambitious, but that's half the fun!
For my sweet Sophie:
- The sandpiper capri and top from clever charlotte (I haven't tried or even traced this pattern out yet so it will take some time)
- Another Seashore Sundress from Oliver+S
- 1 or 2 more Tallulah Halter dresses from Girl's World
For his cute little guy:
- SHORTS! We had a very warm weekend (95-100 degree's, yikes!) and jeans just won't cut it anymore. I am going to try these tutorials from Made.
- One or more button-down short-sleeved shirts, I found some cute patterns in Sewing for Boys, Weekend Sewing and one in the new One Yard Wonders book. Have any of you worked with any of these patterns? Please let me know if have any advice or suggestions, I really don't feel like tracing all of them out!
This week is Green Week at Project Run and Play, so I'm going to try up-cycle from his Dad's old clothes for Georges clothes. Maybe I'll even get to avoid those pesky buttonholes! What are your sewing plans this week?